RecognizeMe 2.0 application – Review
RecognizeMe 2.0 – Great facial recognition application
Facial recognition applications were first created for the Android market, and after this great feature the iOS users were expecting a similar application. Many months ago RecognizeMe was released to Cydia to the BigBoss Repo. RecognizeMe 2.0 uses the front camera of your jailbroken iDevice to add some extra security to your iDevice. This extra security that RecognizeMe 2.0 adds is called facial recognition.
What are the differences between RecognizeMe 2.0 and the first version?
RecognizeMe was the first application in iOS that added the facial recognition to an iOS device. The first version was a little laggy during the facial recognizing procedure in order to unlock the iDevice. The developer of RecognizeMe tried and achieved many improvements to his application, and he made possible for RecognizeMe 2.0 to be used from all iDevices with a front camera. This means that now you will be able to either use a passcode to unlock your iDevice or let I RecognizeMe 2.0 to use your face as a biometric passcode.
Lets see what more RecognizeMe 2.0 can provide you:
- A core image face detection added for all the devices that run iOS 5. This helped a lot to improve the detection time and the overall recognition success rate and speed.
- Extra new animations that is showing to a user how the RecognizeMe 2.0 application recognizes your face.
- Very good speed improvements
- A different algorithm has been used for better matching criterias.
- It has an improved clarity of incoming camera stream across all devices.
- There is an option for an auto start
Where you can find RecognizeMe 2.0 ?
RecognizeMe 2.0 can be found on Cydia on the BigBoss repository and you can download and install it with only $2,99. Before the download and installation of the RecognizeMe 2.0 application, you should first jailbreak your device.
Do you have any experience with RecognizeMe 2.0? Please share your thoughts with us!