How to Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version
Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version – What is the status?
This option is only available for certain iDevices, all the A4 chip devices which are iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G. All the A5 iDevices cannot be downgraded from their iOS version, even if you have saved your SHSH blobs to a previous jailbreakable iOS version. Before the 6.1.3 iOS version, the evad3rs were using 6 exploits to jailbreak 6 to 6.1.2 iOS versions, but Apple managed to patch 4 of the 6 exploits on 6.1.3 iOS version, and rentered the Evasi0n tool useless. Fortunately there are good news for all A4 chip iDevices, and you can downgrade from 6.1.3 iOS version to a previous one. If you do not want to proceed with a downgrade, you can visit our Redsn0w Tutorial and Jailbreak the 6.1.3 iOS version for A4 chip iDevices (Jailbreak 6.1.3 iOS version with Redsn0w).
How to Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version with Redsn0w
This tutorial is only for A4 chip iDevices (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G).
- Download the 6.1.1 iOS version for your iDevice only (iPhone 3GS has different IPSW file from iPhone 4).
- Download the latest Redsn0w version from our Download Area (Redsn0w Download Area).
- Prepare your SHSH blobs from the 6.1.1 iOS version.
- Launch Redsn0w, click on “Extras”, then on “Restore” and find the IPSW you downloaded on Step 1.
- Redsn0w will ask you to plug your iDevice, and if you have a software unlock to your iDevice also check the Prevent Baseband Update.
- Follow the on-screen directions, and choose “local” button and find the SHSH blobs for 6.1.1 iOs version, or “remote” to fetch them from Cydia.
- Click the “Next” button and let Redsn0w to Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version your iDevice
Final step to Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version
After the completion of Redsn0w’s process you will need to reboot your iDevice (it reboots automatically), and then the Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version will be completed.
If you have issues to Downgrade to 6.1.1 iOS version of your iDevice, leave us a message to our Free Support Page, our Forum or our Comments Area. You can also subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter for FREE and stay updated with the latest Downgrading news.