How to UnTethered Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 5.1.1 using Redsnow 0.9.12b1
Do you know about jail-breaking using Redsnow?
One can use the Redsnow 0.9.12b1. which is untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, 3GS – iPod Touch 3G, 4G – iPad 1(A4 devices) on iOS 5.1.1 .
The iPhone Dev-Team released this as an update of Redsnow (Redsnow 0.9.12b1) inorder to support iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
iPhone 4S, iPad 2, new iPad are all considered as A5 devices on. We will show you how to jail break them in another post. Right now its time for the A4 untethered jailbreak on 5.1.1 using Redsnow 0.9.12b1.
How to UnTethered Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 5.1.1 using Redsnow 0.9.12b1 :
Given below are simple step to step guide to jailbreak your idevices running on iOS 5.1.1 using Redsnow 0.9.12b1:
- Connect the A4 (iPhone 4/ 3GS/3G – iPod Touch 3G/ 4G – iPad 1) device to your computer
- Put the device into DFU mode.
- Hold down power button and home button both at the same time for 10 seconds
- After the 10 seconds release the power button and still pressing on the home button for another 10 seconds
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.12b1
- Extract the downloaded Redsn0w file
- Next on the window that pops up press the “Jailbreak” button.
- 6. From the options menu choose “Install Cydia”, and click “next”.
- Shortly your device will start jailbreaking.
- As the jail process finishes the device will boot up without the need of any assistance and that’s it now you’re good to go!
Heres the link to a video as well on how to Jailbreak your A4 devices running on iOS 5.1.1 using Redsnow 0.9.12b1