Failed to decrypt kernel error from Redsn0w – How to Fix it?
Redsn0w is “in charge” of jailbreaking an iDevice and it supports the latest iOS version, 6.1.3 iOS. During the jailbreaking procedure many error codes may appear like the Failed to decrypt kernel error code. Although the Failed to decrypt kernel error sounds very important, it is 100% fixable! The Failed to decrypt kernel error appears when you are are trying to jailbreak your iDevice with the wrong IPSW file, so follow our tutorial for a proper jailbreak for your iDevice with 6.1.3 iOS version.
Avoid the Failed to decrypt kernel error with a proper jailbreaking procedure!
In order to jailbreak an iDevice with 6.1.3 iOS version, you need to be sure that your device has a A4 chip on it. Redsn0w can only jailbreak 6.1.3 iOS version for the A4 chip devices.
Step 1: Download the latest Redsn0w version, 0.9.15b3
Step 2: Download the iOS 6 version for your iDevice specifically
Step 3: Plug your iDevice to your computer and close iTunes
Step 4: Launch Redsn0w, click on Extras and then select the IPSW you have downloaded (if you choose a different IPSW, the Failed to decrypt kernel error code will appear during the jailbreak)
Step 5: Redsn0w should successfully identify the firmaware of your iDevice, and then click on Back and on Jailbreak.
Step 6: Follow the on-screen instructions (put your iDevice into DFU mode) and let Redsn0w to perform the jailbreak.
Step 7: If you own an iPhone 3GS with old bootrom, the jailbreak will be untethered, else it will be a tethered one.
Still having issues with Failed to decrypt kernel error?
If the Failed to decrypt kernel error still appears, try to download the iOS 6 version from a different website, because the file might be corrupted. In the majority of the cases that Failed to decrypt kernel error appeared, the issue was the iOS 6 version file.
If you found difficulties in fixing the Failed to decrypt kernel error code, visit our FREE SUPPORT area, and our Support Team will respond you as soon as possible.
Also visit our top Error Code solution tutorials:
- Uploading ramdisk error to Redsn0w on Windows Vista/7
- Fix Redsn0w.exe has stopped working error in Windows 7 and Vista
- iTunes Error 11333 code Fix for Windows XP/Vista/7
- Unknown Error 1603 Code – The iPhone could not be restored
- Unknown Error 1618 code – Downloading multiple files
- The iPhone cannot be synced – Unknown Error 13019 Code
- Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 download – How to use Recovery Fix
- Fix 2000 error code from Redsn0w
- Auto restarting problem on jailbreak iPhone or iPad – Why and What to do?
- failed to decrypt kernel redsn0w
- redsn0w 6 1 3 untethered download
- Fail to decrypt kernel
- redsn0w 6 1 3 untethered jailbreak download
- redsn0w untethered jailbreak 6 1 3
- decrypt kernel error
- decrypt kernel
- redsn0w 0 9 15b3 failed to decrypt kernel
- redsn0w says failed to decrypt kernel